Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and my favorite gifts to give (and to get) are the homemade kind, with lots of chocolate! ;) I already baked these brownie raspberry tarts five times this week and have been giving them away as sweet Valentine’s Day treats to loved ones. They have been a huge hit and I didn’t want to deprive you of these glorious tarts.
These small chocolate tarts almost have a mousse-like texture to them. The dark and intense chocolate flavor is balanced out by the tart raspberries and to add my own little twist, I have added a generous shot of Amaretto. You don’t have to use it but I highly recommend it!
The recipe yields two small tarts, perfect for a romantic evening with your special someone or a Galentine’s Day celebration. Feel free to double the recipe if you will be giving away some.
- 60g dark chocolate 70%, chopped
- 20g butter
- 30g brown sugar
- 20ml heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Amaretto (optional)
- 10g all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 50g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and flour two small 10 cm round cake tins.
- Place the dark chocolate, butter, brown sugar and heavy cream in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture is smooth. Once everything is melted, set it aside and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and Amaretto and whisk until well combined. Add the flour and pinch of salt and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tins and top with the fresh raspberries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It's delicious just on it own or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
They taste delicious on their own, but you could also add a dollop of whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream.
What will you be baking for Valentine’s Day?