It may seem odd to write about my summer beauty essentials at the end of August, but on our road trip through California we have been catching up with summer. While driving from San Francisco to Los Angeles, my boyfriend and I have been anticipating the warmer temperatures, trying to hold on to summer for a bit longer.
A lot of you may already be in fall mode, but maybe some of you lovely people are still awaiting their vacation somewhere south of the border.
I like to see what other people pack for their summer vacations. I find it helpful and always discover some new products. I hope that you will enjoy my very late Summer beauty essentials or you could also consider these products as my August beauty favorites :)
- Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25. This has been my face sunscreen for years. It is moisturizing and doesn’t break me out. It has a slight tint to it (looks like a tinted moisturizer) but blends in nicely with my skin tone.
- Soltan Kids Hypoallergenic Sun Protection Stick SPF 50. I like to keep this stick in my purse for sunscreen touch-ups throughout the day. If I may be sitting somewhere in the sun, I simply apply the stick generously to my skin wherever it needs protection.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50. At the beginning of my vacation I like to use a higher sunscreen on my face and any areas that may get easily red. This one isn’t sticky!
- Kérastase Masque UV Défense Active. Your hair needs protection from the sun as well. I love all hair masks from Kérastase and this one is especially great for summer. It even smells like sunscreen.
- Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair leave-in conditioning spray. I use it on wet and dry hair as a detangling spray. I also bring it to the beach with me to prevent frizziness.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lip balm SPF 15. A lovely smelling lip balm (smells like chocolate) with SPF.
- Jouer lip sheer SPF 15 in Maui. If you want a slight tint on your lips. The shade ‘Maui’ is the perfect nude.
- Clinique Superdefense SPF 20. My go-to face cream during the warmer months. It is moisturizing enough for my dry skin without feeling greasy.
- Crystal Essence Chamomille and Green Tea deodorant. No one likes to be smelly when it is hot outside. This deodorant smells nice and keeps me fresh all day. It is also all-natural, does not contain aluminum and doesn’t irritate my skin.
- Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter. My favorite body butter that smells like cotton candy and marshmallows, conveniently in a travel size.
- Soap & Glory Scrub ’em & leave ’em™ body exfoliator. Perfect combination with Soap & Glory’s body butter to leave you with silky smooth legs.
- Braun Silk Épil. Talking about hair removal may not be the most glamorous topic but no one likes hairy legs (especially in summertime) and my Braun Silk Èpil has been my trusted companion all year long for years. The battery isn’t the best anymore but it is still going strong, leaving no hair in sight.
Have a great week!