It’s been a while since I’ve done a monthly favorites. These past months I didn’t really come across any products worth sharing with you guys. But June has been a month of new discoveries and rediscoveries.
Here are my June favorites:
1. Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo. A trusted favorite of mine that funnily enough I only use in the summer. Somehow ‘summer usage only’ is etched in my mind for this shampoo. I don’t know why I never use this one during the colder months. But come summer and it is time to bring out my clarifying shampoo. Think of it as ‘spring cleaning’ your hair, washing out all the product build up from the winter months and preparing your hair for summer :) It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean.
2. Barry M Gelly nail polish in Dragon Fruit. Saw and fell in love with it in London. This is what I like to call Barbie nails (see picture below). I really like the formula of Barry M nail polishes and the ‘Gelly’ line is my favorite. They are opaque enough to only use one coat.
3. Carmex Original lip balm. This one has been a rediscovery. I always buy Carmex lip balms when I come to the US and I have no idea why I haven’t use them lately. This lip balm has definitely holy grail status! It feels cool and lightly tingles on your lips when applied and leaves them feeling soft. I even put it on my nose or any dry patches on my face when I have a cold. It instantly soothes them. The scent may not be appealing to everyone as it is quite herbal, but I like it.
5. Jo Malone Red Roses. A pure rose fragrance, that is light and perfect for summer. This little flacon is perfect to throw in your purse and traveling. I have previously done a whole post about Red Roses if you would like to know more.
6. Ren Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser. Another rose-scented product. I got a sample size of this cleanser with June’s British In Style magazine and have been using it ever since. It gently removes all my make up, leaves my skin feeling clean and soft and doesn’t dry it out. And have I mentioned it smells of roses?! I apply it all over my dry face, then I rinse the cloth that came with it in warm water, put it on my face and then gently wipe it away.
What are the products you have been loving in June?