Vanilla Almond Granola Bars
Recipe type: Snack
- 150g pitted dates (organic)
- 150g rolled oats (organic)
- 60g all-natural almond butter
- 40g honey or agave syrup (organic)
- 100g unsalted almonds, roasted
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the dates in a food processor and process them for a minute. If they are a bit dry, soak them in water for a few minutes, then drain them, before blending.
- Place the oats on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and toast them at 160°C for 10-15 minutes. This step is optional.
- Warm the almond butter and honey or agave syrup over low heat. This step makes the mixtures easier to combine with the other ingredients.
- Place the oats, blended dates, almonds, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour the almond butter mixture over it and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture in a 20 x 20 cm baking pan, lined with parchment paper and press it down to flatten with the back of a spoon. Let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once they have harden, cut them into 10 bars.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them.
*This recipe was inspired by Minimalist Baker.
Recipe by Bowsessed™ at http://bowsessed.com/vanilla-almond-granola-bars/