Can you believe that Christmas is only 12 days away?! Are you done with your Christmas shopping? I still haven’t bought all of my Christmas presents even though I started early this year.. I guess Amazon will be my best friend these next two weeks!
I like classic coconut macaroons but sometimes only chocolate will do. Chocolate coconut macaroons are the perfect little treat when you are craving something chocolaty but don’t want to stuff yourself. The deep chocolate flavor gives these cookies a nice twist to the classic coconut macaroon and they are not overly sweet. Like the classic version they have a moist and soft center while the edges are crispy.
- 110g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 90g icing sugar
- 180g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- 2. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Once melted, set it aside and let it cool.
- 3. Combine sugar, coconut, egg whites and vanilla and mix it well. Add the cooled chocolate and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- 3. Using your hands, form little mounds, using about 2 teaspoons of the mixture at a time. Place the mounds on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes. The macaroons should be still soft in the middle. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.