Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and my favorite season to visit New York City. As the city turns into a twinkling winter wonderland, the magic of the city is captivating. Here are a few reasons why I love New York City during the holiday season.
- Window-shopping on Madison and 5th Avenue. The extravagant window displays of department stores are true master pieces. My favorites this year were Saks Fifth Avenue’s. Saks “Enchanted Experience” showcased scenes from classic fairy tales with New York City as a backdrop.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Even though I liked the older version of it better (I’m not a fan of 3D Santa), there is nothing like it that will awaken your Christmas spirit. The world famous, leg-kicking Rockettes should not be missed.
- Visit the real Santa at Macy’s (Miracle on 34th Street) ;)
- You will find pieces of Christmas scattered around the city..
- The picturesque view of the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. Nothing says Christmas like that big ole’ tree. It is definitely worth fighting the crowds to get a close-up look.
New York has such a festive atmosphere around the holidays, it makes you oblivious to the stress and hecticness that usually surrounds the city.
I wish you all merry Christmas and happy holidays!